An Obvious and Certain Way to End the COVID-19 Crisis Quickly
Image Copyright: BestCashCow

An Obvious and Certain Way to End the COVID-19 Crisis Quickly

There is a certain way to solve the current health crisis, and it is right in front of us.

Here in New York, 60% of the population is roaming around with self-made masks or cheap masks that they bought on Amazon covering their faces.   The other 40% of the population is either not wearing a mask or wearing one incorrectly.

At the same time, we know from our medical professionals that N95 masks are the gold standards in filtering small particles and viruses, with a success rate of 95% or greater in filtration.   A surgical mask or a Chinese-made KN95 has a success rate of 75%.   Unlike other masks, they both protect others from your virus and protect you from their virus.  

It is time for us to go the next step of combating this virus.   It is time for the US to make it a priority to get an N95 in each person’s protection, and not just in the hands of our medical professionals.   The President should already have been advised by Jared Kushner and Vice President Pence to invoke the Defense Production Act to get enough N95s produced quickly that everyone can have one and to get them distributed to everyone.

And, then we need to mandate that everyone wear their N95s so that we can beat this thing quickly.

Ari Socolow
Ari Socolow: Ari Socolow is the Chief Economist and Editor-in-Chief at BestCashCow. He is particularly interested in issues relating to financial literacy and bank transparency. Since co-founding this website in 2005, Ari has been frequently cited in the media as an expert on local and national savings accounts, CD products, mortgage and loan products and credit card rewards products.

Your code to embed this article on your website* :

*You are allowed to change only styles on the code of this iframe.


Comments

Add your Comment