I'm a day late getting the weekly rate deal up, thanks to a turkey coma. Hopefully everyone had a good Thanksgiving.
It's holiday season and cash will be pouring out of your wallet, so why not find a way to earn a bit more. This week, we recognize Community First Bank of Butler, MO for their 2.78% APY 60-month CD. The average 5-year CD rate according to BestCashCow is 1.57% APY. The minimum balance to receive this rate is $1,000. In addition, the bank also offers a 48-month CD that pays 2.25% APY, far above the national 5-year average.
Community First Bank is a small community bank with five branches south of Kansas City. The bank has a Texas Ratio of 28.62% versus the national average of 21.06%. Assets have grown from $108 million to $150 million in the last five years.
If you don't live near a Community First Bank branch, look for the highest CD rates from banks and credit unions in your local area. BestCashCow has the Internet's largest database of bank rate information.
Previous Weekly Rate Deals
- November 21, 2011 - Premier Federal Credit Union Offering 2% APY on 24-Month CD
- November 14, 2011 - Institution for Savings of Newburyport Offering 3 Year CD at 2.50% APY
- November 7, 2011 - State Savings Bank of Rake, IA Offering 3.82% APY FIRA
- October 31, 2011 - First Choice Bank Offering 2.80% APY 5-Year CD
- October 24, 2011 - First National Bank of St. Ignace Offering 12-Month Flex CD at 1.51% APY
- Oct 17, 2011 - Weekly Rate Deal - Navy Federal Credit Union Offering 3% APY 12-Month CD
- Oct 7, 2011 - Farmers & Traders Bank Takes Weekly Rate Deal for 3% APY 60-Month CD
Check back next Monday for a new bank deal. Email any deals you know about to ratedeal (at) bestcashcow.com. Feel free to also share them below. If you're a bank and have a great deal not listed on BestCashCow, register for access and add the deal to the site.